Thank You to the following persons
1. First the people who have donated to this web site to preserve our private property rights by keeping people informed. You care about our Environment, our Health, and our Property Rights.
2. Mr Shawn Meier, DNR Cedar County Conservation officer, for finally charging me so I could take this case to court. His action resulted in all Iowans being able to shoot deer year around now to protect property. I have shot an estimated 475 deer to protect my property from deer damage since my trial in 2007, and I do not have any Iowa hunting license.
3. Mr Jeff Renander, Cedar County attorney, who prosecuted me. He showed me exactly what I needed, to prove the necessity defense in regard to my constitutional right to protect my property. He now has stated he supports a persons right to protect their property, and has signed his "oath of office" stating that.
4. Mr. Greg Harris, Depredation officer, who has now changed how he determines damage caused by deer for me. He showed all Iowans that the hunting season and the Deer Depredation Program has never and will never work to protect a persons property from deer damage.
5. The many persons who supported me, and showed up at my trial. My lawyers for getting the necessity defense in my case. And lastly the 6 jurors who had to sit threw three days of testimony, I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did.
I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."